- RSS Channel Showcase 3451902
- RSS Channel Showcase 5857327
- RSS Channel Showcase 9107371
- RSS Channel Showcase 5245956
Articles on this Page
- 10/20/11--11:44: _The Music of the Sp...
- 05/31/12--09:11: _To Have the Servant...
- 03/02/13--15:51: _A New Creation Is E...
- 11/30/13--12:32: _CHILD OF THE “HOUSE...
- 02/01/14--14:52: _KEEP CALM AND REMEM...
- 02/28/14--14:43: _OUR DAILY SABBATH R...
- 04/01/14--12:35: _EVOLUTION AND RESUR...
- 05/03/14--15:07: _HOLY COMMUNION: OUR...
- 06/19/14--14:21: _LIVING STONES
- 09/02/14--08:49: _PASSING ON THE FAITH
- 12/03/14--08:30: _REJUBILATION
- 01/02/15--15:12: _GOD’S PRISM
- 01/31/15--14:16: _JESUS, HELP US!
- 03/03/15--14:34: _MISSIONARIES FOR CH...
- 06/30/15--13:00: _THE GRACE AND TRUTH...
- 10/02/15--14:02: _OUR BLESSED ASSURANCE
- 04/01/16--13:25: _SO MUST THE SON OF ...
- 10/28/16--14:49: _IN GOD WE TRUST
- 12/03/16--12:57: _CHILDREN OF GOD — U...
- 02/02/17--09:16: _ALL WE NEED IS LOVE
- 10/20/11--11:44: The Music of the Spheres
- 05/31/12--09:11: To Have the Servant-Mind of Christ
- 03/02/13--15:51: A New Creation Is Everything!
- 11/30/13--12:32: CHILD OF THE “HOUSE OF BREAD”
- 02/01/14--14:52: KEEP CALM AND REMEMBER YOU ARE A CHRISTIAN
- 02/28/14--14:43: OUR DAILY SABBATH REST IN CHRIST JESUS
- 04/01/14--12:35: EVOLUTION AND RESURRECTION
- 05/03/14--15:07: HOLY COMMUNION: OUR WEEKLY PENTECOST
- 06/19/14--14:21: LIVING STONES
- 09/02/14--08:49: PASSING ON THE FAITH
- 12/03/14--08:30: REJUBILATION
- 01/02/15--15:12: GOD’S PRISM
- 01/31/15--14:16: JESUS, HELP US!
- 03/03/15--14:34: MISSIONARIES FOR CHRIST
- 06/30/15--13:00: THE GRACE AND TRUTH OF JESUS CHRIST
- 10/02/15--14:02: OUR BLESSED ASSURANCE
- 04/01/16--13:25: SO MUST THE SON OF MAN BE LIFTED UP
- 10/28/16--14:49: IN GOD WE TRUST
- 12/03/16--12:57: CHILDREN OF GOD — UNITED IN CHRIST
- 02/02/17--09:16: ALL WE NEED IS LOVE
Have you ever noticed when you are listening to a song while watching an object blow in the wind (like a tree or a flag) that is seems as though the object is actually moving to the rhythm of that song? If you haven’t ever noticed this, I invite you to do so. It […]
adorationlcmusic of the sphereshearing-moving
Before arriving in Wisconsin almost ten months ago, I knew that our nation was politically polarized in a way that I have not seen in my adult lifetime. And, before moving here, little did I realize that our beautiful State of Wisconsin was such a hotspot for this polarization. In fact, soon after our arrival, […]
As we continue in the Season of Lent and approach Holy Week with Easter Sunday as our destination on March 31st, I find myself drawn to the following words of the Apostle Paul from the biblical book of Galatians: “For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision counts for anything; the only thing that counts […]
According to the ancient tradition of the Church of Jesus Christ, our Savior and Lord was born in the town of Bethlehem of Southern Israel (Judea) and raised in the town of Nazareth of Northern Israel (Galilee). And his being born in Bethlehem has important significance for our Christian faith and spirituality. The name of […]
We know that Muslims observe formal prayer five times each day, and we know that Christian monks and nuns observe formal prayer seven times each day, and we know that ancient Christian tradition calls upon every Christian to pray the Lord’s Prayer three times each day (morning, midday and evening). However, few people might know […]
adorationlcOld Man Prayspray-without-ceasingkeep-calm-and-remember-jesus-36jesus_prayer_04
There are two ways of living: one is the way of resisting God, and the other is the way of surrender to God. Resistance brings tension, restlessness, worry and anxiety. But yielding to God’s guidance in our lives brings freedom, inner peace and joy. True religion is about surrender to God’s guidance and leadership for […]
adorationlcshepherd-jesusThe Human Jesus
I have recently been watching the new Cosmos miniseries on National Geographic Channel, which follows the format of the original Cosmos miniseries by Carl Sagan in 1980. Following the basic outline of the 1980 series, this new one presents the TV audience with the latest scientific discoveries that have been made since 1980, and it […]
In ancient times, when a relationship had been broken, the offering of a meal was given in order to bring about reconciliation and to restore fellowship. In fact, this was the whole basis for the sacrifices and sin-offerings of the ancient Hebrew Tabernacle and the ancient Hebrew Temple. These sacrifices were simply offerings of food […]
While in the Holy Land of Israel and Jordan, we visited many stone ruins. Some of these ruins were of ancient fortresses, like the mountain fortress of Masada near the Dead Sea. However, whether it was the great fortress of Masada in Israel or even the amazing city of Petra in Jordan, these stone fortifications […]
adorationlcMasada-Israel-3St Anthony - school cornerstone (2009 Nov 19)
“Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, for the sake of the promise of life that is in Christ Jesus, to Timothy, my beloved child: Grace, mercy, and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord. I am grateful to God — whom I worship with a clear conscience, […]
“Rejubilation” is a word that I made up to describe what the Advent Season and Christmastime are all about. The four weeks of Advent before Christmas and the twelve days of Christmastime are all about rejuvenating our Christian joy each year. So, we can use the word “rejubilation” to best describe the annual rejuvenation of […]
The Seasons of Advent, Christmastime and Epiphany all share the theme of the spiritual Light of God. And Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God, is the one who shines God’s eternal Light on us and the whole world. Jesus said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk […]
The Season of Lent is an annual time of intensified reflection and repentance. It is a time to recognize our poverty of spirit and seek the riches of God’s grace through more dedicated devotional reading, prayer and contemplation. To that end, here is a wonderful prayer from an old prayer booklet published by the Sacred […]
During the Season of Lent, the Christian Church has an annual observance on March 17th in commemoration of the great Fifth Century missionary bishop to Ireland, Saint Patrick. He was born at the end of the Fourth Century to a Roman family on the Isle of Great Britain. Patrick was raised in the Christian Faith, […]
We live in a time in which many assert that Jesus of Nazareth never existed, or they assert that Jesus really did exist but they say they know Jesus better than Christians know him. So we live in a time in which all Christians need to be more engaged as apologists and evangelists for Christ, […]
Our human sinfulness alienates us from God our Creator, but the wonderful good news is that Jesus Christ gives us everlasting salvation from this self-imposed alienation and grants us eternal life in heaven. This is our blessed assurance in Christ, thanks be to God! This grace of God in Christ our Lord is not merely […]
We should not feel bad about feeling bad. Within our society that idealizes feeling “happy, happy, happy” all the time, we can sometimes be shamed into feeling bad about feeling bad. However, this is not right, because it is an unrealistic societal pressure placed upon us that only makes us feel worse. Of course, there […]
When we were little children, we viewed our parents through an almost entirely positive lens. They could do nothing wrong in our eyes. Then we became adolescents, and we viewed our parents through an almost entirely negative lens. They could do virtually nothing right in our teenage eyes. And periodically in adolescence, teenagers will slip […]
We live in a time of powerful forces seeking to separate people into demographic boxes. These forces want to define us as strictly this or that “kind” of person; and these forces want us to start defining ourselves according to these strictly defined categories as well. More and more, we see categorizing, labeling and dividing […]
adorationlcethnic-diversitybaby_jesus_5Israel of God 4
Saint Valentine is a Christian saint of the Third Century AD who is widely celebrated on February 14th and commonly associated with romantic love. Although not much of St. Valentine’s life is reliably known, it is highly agreed that St. Valentine was martyred and then buried on the Via Flaminia to the north of Rome […]